S Massie Consulting LLC provides export consulting, customized EAR and ITAR compliance programs, and targeted training for companies to navigate the complicated laws and regulations for US exports.
Export compliance is a topic that, if not properly addressed, could create major challenges for your company. Penalties for violating US export law can include up to $1.2m in fines and 20 years imprisonment per violation, loss of export privileges, and more.
The purpose of an Export Compliance Program (ECP) or an ITAR Compliance Program (ICP) is to create a set of written policies and procedures that help your company operate its ITAR and/or export activities in accordance with US Government regulations. Investing in an ECP/ICP that is well integrated into your current business processes can lend predictability, consistency, and security to your export transactions and serves as a training program for employees.
Does your current program have:
- Clearly documented determinations for each product or technology:
(1) jurisdiction under ITAR or EAR and (2) classification codes
- Written policies and step-by-step export procedures by department
- Tiered export compliance training for ALL employees
- Checks and safeguards throughout all ITAR and export processes
- Screening of parties and activities and tagging of ITAR products from supplier to end-user
- Continuous monitoring and audit systems to ensure compliance and to detect, report and correct potential violations
- Detailed record keeping practices
Address770 S 13th St, Boise, ID 83708-8973, USA